|Getting ready for the day!|
Well friends, here I am in all my un-retouched glory. I thought today I might share with you some of the things I (obsess over) use to take care of my complexion.
It's no secret that I am very fair. I've spent most of my adult life protecting my skin from the sun, and I've learned that it has two settings..burnt and pale. I prefer the latter, and it just so happens that it suits my love of vintage style ;)
For the most part, my skin has always been pretty cooperative, but I find now, as I'm in my late 30's, it's reached a point where it can become very dry if I don't take care of it. So here is the system I'm currently using.
- I wash my skin using a gentle cleanser (I like Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs)
- While skin is still damp, I apply Burts Bees Naturally Ageless Intensive Repair Serum (as you can see, I reallllyyy love natural products ;) I let it soak in for about 5 minutes, and then I apply my moisturizer.
- My moisturizer can vary depending on how dry my skin is feeling, but my standby tends to be Cerave Moisturizing Day Cream with SPF 30
- After that, I apply concealer where needed and my make-up for the day!
- Lately, for reasons I cannot quite figure out, I have been breaking out a little around my forhead and nose (SO unfair! I'm not a teenager anymore, after all!) So my evening routine currently consists of using all the products in Murad's Acne Complex Kit. Technically, you're supposed to use it morning and evening, but I've found that while it does a wonder at keeping my skin nice and clear, it is VERY drying if I use it more than once a day.
Once a week, just to combat the drying, I also use a moisturizing mask like Burts Bees Intense Hydration Mask.
I also have my very first appointment with a dermatologist next week to get a baseline for any skin cancer concerns (always a worry for fair skinned gals!) and to have them take a look at that pesky break out issue I mentioned earlier to make certain it's not an allergy related issue.
Do you have any favorite skin care products? Do you use foundation (I typically avoid it in favor of BB creams because I find it too heavy, but I'd love to hear your input..especially if you have a good recommendation for fair skin!)
Hugs and Smooches,